Herbs add fragrance, beauty and practicality to your garden -- and it's easy to grow a wide variety of them just about anywhere here in the Midwest. This book, written by Laura Peters and coauthored by veteran Ohio garden writer Debra Knapke, offers handy tips and advice on:
- Growing, maintaining and harvesting 360 of the best herbs for local gardens
- Propagation and winter care
- Solutions to common garden problems.
This practical book will help you participate in the age-old tradition of using herbs to flavor foods, add seductive scents to potpourris and perfumes, and impart healthful, healing qualities to lotions and lip balms:
- Exotic herbs such as kaffir lime, lemongrass, jasmine, fenugreek and stevia can be grown easily here
- Edible flowers such as nasturtiums and calendula can add flavor and interest to salads, teas, honeys and butters
- Fragrant herbs such as basil, rosemary and sage can be used in infusions, herbal baths and soaps.
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 22 January, 2010.